The Walking Dead will come to a close with its 11th season. Despite all its hiccups throughout the years, I managed to turn in every Sunday to watch the show. While most fans are mourning the lost, I’m content with the news.
Season 10 followed the Whisperer War with the still-to-be-aired season finale being the final battle between our heroes and those who walk among the dead. Those who read the comics know that the Whisperers were the final conflict Rick Grimes and company faced. While the Commonwealth were a threat, they were of another nature.
It’s still unknown if Eugene and company will encounter the Commonwealth in the season 10 finale. As we have seen so far, the series takes liberties when retelling the source material’s stories. There’s still room for speculation in that aspect.
I wondered where the show runner would take the series after the Whisperer War, but I had hoped the series would come to an end somewhere in the same fashion. Of course, it will have to happen without Rick and Carl Grimes’ fate as both characters are no longer in the television series.
There was some speculation on my part that Daryl would take Rick’s storyline (and thus his fate) and have to make the toughest decision of his life: Peace through the sacrificing of someone he trusts or continuing on the path they have for the last several years.
Because there are talks that Daryl and Carol will continue having adventures in a spin-off series, it’s safe to say that he won’t have to make that choice. Though, it does leave me wondering who will.
The Walking Dead season 10 finale will premiere on October 4, 2020. Following the finale, the second spin-off and limited series, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, will debut. Fear the Walking Dead’s sixth season will premiere on October 11, 2020.
Want More Walking Dead? Check out these books:
- The Walking Dead: Typhoon by Wesley Chu
- The Walking Dead: Here’s Negan by Robert Kirkman (Author), Charlie Adlard (Artist), Cliff Rathburn (Artist), Dave Stewart (Artist)
- Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga
- The Road to Woodbury by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga
- The Fall of the Governor: Part One by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga
- The Fall of the Governor: Part Two by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga
- Return to Woodbury by Jay Bonansinga
- Search and Destroy by Jay Bonansinga
- Invasion by Jay Bonansinga
- The Walking Dead: Compendium One by Robert Kirkman (Author), Charlie Adlard (Illustrator), Cliff Rathburn (Illustrator), Tony Moore (Illustrator)
- The Walking Dead: Compendium Two by by Robert Kirkman (Author), Sina Grace (Editor), Charlie Adlard (Artist), Cliff Rathburn (Artist)
- The Walking Dead: Compendium Three by by Robert Kirkman (Author), Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)
- The Walking Dead: Compendium Four by Robert Kirkman (Author), Charlie Adlard (Artist), Stefano Gaudiano (Artist), Cliff Rathburn (Artist)
- The Walking Dead and Philosophy: Zombie Apocalypse Now by Wayne Yuen (Editor)
- The Ultimate Walking Dead and Philosophy: Hungry for More by Wayne Yuen (Editor)